SPIN-OFF AWARD 2023 - ROUND 1
Five outstanding start-ups honored with the Spin-off Award 2023
At the ATEC 2023, the first round of start-ups with roots in RWTH Aachen University were presented with the RWTH Spin-off Award. As the only official award for outstanding spin-offs from the university, the Spin-off Award is a quality label for the winning teams, allowing them to promote their business with reference to its scientific origins in RWTH Aachen University. The label has supported past winners in gaining credibility among investors and attracting new customers. At the same time, the successful teams serve as role models for future entrepreneurs and ambassadors for the technology and innovation location Aachen.
The first set of winners of the Spin-off Award 2023 represent the wide range of excellent research disciplines at RWTH Aachen University. We are proud to have such a strong and diverse field of start-ups represent the RWTH start-up ecosystem far beyond its borders. Congratulations to the winners and all the best for your future endeavors!
- 4traffic SET: Creating sustainable and efficient city infrastructure: 4traffic SET enables the simultaneous real-time collection of traffic and environmental data through low-cost, modular detector boxes and low-power transmission.
- BioThrust: Revolutionizing the production of pharmaceuticals as well as gene and cell therapies: BioThrust has developed a membrane module that enables the world’s first effective bubble-free aeration of bioreactors.
- O11 biomedical: Saving lives of premature babies, patients with acute lung failure and COPD patients: O11 biomedical offers an innovative solution to fight hypercapnia, using the human gut as a respiratory organ to initiate a life-saving reduction of CO2 in the blood.
- upstair: Helping those who help others: Upstair puts an end to back pain for rescue workers and helps ambulance services with an electric transport chair that allows easy and fast patient transport from door to door without any effort.
- Urban Ray: Taking urban logistics to the third dimension: Urban Ray drives the transition from terrestrial to aerial logistics with a sustainable, efficient and user-friendly concept of drones and ground stations that can be integrated into the existing logistics infrastructure.