Director Finance and Controlling | Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in fast-growth technology SME
indurad seeks to strengthen its executive management team with a new position reporting to the CEO and the Board.
It is a key function for the expansion of the company, and will be part of the leadership team guiding the business
to achieve its full potential. The role will start as a Director Finance and Controlling and will be upgraded based on a
trustworthy collaboration and operational success to a CFO role.
Your new Company
Our technology company was founded as Spin-Off of the RWTH Aachen and is now 11 years old and supplies to 8
of the 10 largest mining companies in the world. We are global leader with our unique radar sensor and software
solutions portfolio for industrial applications in the resources industry. We help people to work safely even in bad
weather and visibility. We automate train and ship loaders. We create 3D visualizations of machines and stockyards.
We guide our customers in digital transformation. We are growing at an average annual rate of 30 %. Most of our
more than 100 employees worldwide are based at our headquarters in Aachen. We have further offices in Perth,
Johannesburg, São Paulo, Santiago de Chile, Boston and Vancouver and establish more.
Implementing radar based automation and productivity solutions to increase throughput capacity from mine to ship to
market by the modification of equipment to remove bottlenecks. We are a global leader in creating value for a fraction
of the cost of building larger facilities.
We are looking for an employee (f/m/d) for the newly created position of Director Finance and Controlling as soon as
possible as part of our further expansion strategy with our new series B investor. The position liaises directly with the
CEO (founder) and the Board of Directors (including our investor).
• Implementation and continuous evaluation of short and long term strategic financial objectives
• Ensure credibility of Finance and Accounting group by providing timely and accurate preparation and analysis
of budgets, financial trends and forecasts
Oversees all aspects of Finance and Accounting group of the organization
• Build and improve existing financial controls
• Liaise with external advisors, e.g. auditors, banks, tax office, legal, etc.
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with indurad senior management and the Board of Directors
including our key Investor
• Implement new business intelligence tools with a do-it-yourself proof of concept and then professionalize and
automate with openSource focus backed by our high level in house IT and software competence
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well orally and in writing to all levels of the organization
• Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions
• High level of integrity and dependability with a results-oriented approach
• Strong interest in technology and agile development environments
• Qualifications and Requirements
• M.Sc. in Accounting or Finance, MBA desirable
• Past position as finance director or similar, CFO experience not required
• 3+ years in an international financial auditing / accounting firm
• 2+ years in international technology SME (10 - 50 Mio € turnover ) – with preference to Sensors or Robotics
• Strong excel skills with the ability to build financial models
• Knowledge of German GAAP and IFRS
• Helpful is some M&A / Investor Relations experience
• German and English fluently in reading, writing and speaking
• Foreign currency transaction experience is advantageous
• We do not require SAP skills (we have openERP/odoo in house maintained + ticket system )
Benefits of working with us
• Opportunity to contribute towards the expansion of a fast-growth technology business
• Flexible working hours
• ESOP Program
• Potential to implement own ideas
• Work at Aachen’s highest point – the Belvedere Tower on the Lousberg Mountain
• Highly collaborative, highly committed and energized team
Please send your full application to email@example.com
(If you wish a clarification call before full submission of your full application
please send at minimum your CV and suggest three times at three different days
for a callback between 7 am and 10 pm – we confirm before calling back.)