The RWTH Spin-off Award is the only official award for outstanding spin-offs at RWTH Aachen University. With this award, we give our spin-offs the opportunity to advertise with reference to RWTH Aachen University and thus to successfully start into the time after the foundation.
Click here for the winners of the Spin-off Award 2019.
The application is open to all spin-offs from RWTH Aachen University that are already formally founded at the time of application. At the same time, the foundation may not be more than two years old.
The Spin-off Award enables the spin-offs to make their connection to RWTH visible. Since spin-offs from RWTH are not allowed to use the RWTH logo for legal reasons, the Spin-off Award will provide you with a "label” that allows you to visually emphasize the connection at first sight, e.g. on your website. Since only a limited number of spin-offs per year are honored with the Spin-off Award, it is a real quality rating for you!
Selection and award ceremony
The winners will be selected by a jury of RWTH Innovation. The official presentation of the Spin-off Award will be made by Univ.-Prof. Dr. Malte Brettel at the annual ATEC. In addition, the award winners will be listed on the RWTH Aachen University website, making them easy to find, for example, for potential business partners.
All spin-offs from RWTH founded within the past two years.
Fill out this application form and send it to us by email.
The Spin-off Award is presented once a year. The application period is from May to June each year. The award is presented in late summer.
The spin-off is evaluated by a jury consisting of members of RWTH Innovation on the basis of the following criteria:
- Relation to RWTH Aachen – what connects the technology or innovation with RWTH Aachen?
- Innovation potential of the spin-off – how innovative is the business model?
- Feasibility/implementation of the innovation and/or the business model? – how well thought out is the planned implementation?
- Market and exploitation potential – how well secured is the financing and to what extent is successful marketing to be expected?
- Lighthouse effect – is the spin-off a markedly successful example of entrepreneurship at RWTH Aachen?
- Overall impression – how convincing is the exposé?
You still have questions? Write us an email.