At ATEC 2022, the first round of start-ups with roots in RWTH Aachen Unviersity were presented with the Spin-off Award 2022.
As the only official award for outstanding spin-offs from the university, the Spin-off Award is a quality label for the winning teams, allowing them to promote their business with reference to its scientific origins in RWTH Aachen University. The label has supported past winners in gaining credibility among investors and attracting new customers. At the same time, the successful teams serve as role models for future entrepreneurs and ambassadors for the technology and innovation location Aachen.
The first set of winners of the Spin-off Award 2022 represent the wide range of excellent research disciplines at RWTH Aachen University. We are proud to have such a strong and diverse field of start-ups represent the RWTH start-up ecosystem far beyond its borders. Congratulations to the winners and all the best for your future endeavors!
- ANTICIPATE: Creating AI-based software solutions for the manufacturing industry: ANTICIPATE offers an end-to-end engineering tool to improve quality, maintenance, assembly and safety in industrial production.
- HBOX Therapies: Saving lives by improving the healthcare system: HBOX Therapies has developed an innovative mobile device for a fast and effective extracorporeal therapy of carbon monoxide poisoning and other respiratory diseases.
- Hermetia Tech: Promoting circular economy in the food industry: Hermetia Tech’s Omnivore-System allows food producing companies to dispose and recycle their food waste on-site and free of charge with the help of insects.
- IonKraft: Revolutionizing plastic packaging with the help of plasma technology: IonKraft offers a chemically resistant plasma coating as a fully recyclable, high-barrier alternative to multi-material packaging.
- Kerith: Reducing energy outages, financial risks, and energy costs: Kerith has developed an AI-based software tool for energy companies to set up a digital twin of existing infrastructure and independently develop a dynamic energy strategy.
The application phase for the second round of the Spin-off Award 2022 will start in late summer.