Winners of the Spin-off Award 2020
Meet the 9 winning teams of the Spin-off Award 2020
At this year’s ATEC X, a record number of 9 start-up teams have been announced as winners of the Spin-off Award 2020. The winning teams come from a wide range of scientific backgrounds, including AI, chemistry, fibre technology, production engineering, textile technology, medicine, geosciences or mobility; what they have in common is the successful transfer of excellent ideas and research into real-life products. As outstanding spin-offs of RWTH Aachen University, they are great examples of successful knowledge and technology transfer and role models for future start-up founders in Aachen and beyond.
We are proud to see so many ambitious teams develop cutting-edge technologies to make a real impact. Congratulations to all winners and all the best for the road ahead!
1. aiXbrain GmbH: Optimizing production systems with AI and digital process analysis: aiXbrain offers customers flexible and cost-effective KI-as-a-Service models that can be integrated into their existing IT-systems.
2. Carbon Minds GmbH: Paving the way to a more responsible, efficient and sustainable future: Carbon Minds has created a large, highly regionalized databank that allows chemical companies to conduct Life Cycle Assessments and thus reduce their environmental impact.
3. FibreCoat GmbH: Making high-performance glass fibre available for mass application: FibreCoat is set to revolutionise the composite market with a mobile, on-demand and supplier-independent production technology that saves production time, manufacturing costs and product weight.
4. IconPro GmbH: Planning, predicting and evaluating the maintenance, quality and capabilities of production processes: IconPro offers innovative software solutions that facilitate informed decision-making and the efficient use of resources.
5. Incoretex GmbH: Transferring analogue surfaces into the digital world: Incoretex has developed a high-precision, flexible sensor technology that allows industry partners to collect and analyse new data and information on textile and all other sorts of flexible surfaces.
6. PerAGraft GmbH: Revolutionising medical therapy through textile implants: PerAGraft creates patient-individualized implants for cardiovascular application by combining an entirely digital process chain with innovative textile manufacturing methods.
7. Terranigma Solutions GmbH: Redefining geological modelling with a dynamic cloud solution: Terranigma Solutions is developing a living geomodel that allows users to connect, collaborate and work with the latest AI, VR and AR technologies to support effective decision-making in the geosciences.
8. TorqueWerk GmbH: Driving e-mobility forward with segmented motors: TorqueWerk builds motors based on a modular construction system which solves existing problems with performance scalability, variant complexity and system integration of electric drives.
9. upBUS UG (haftungsbeschränkt): Rethinking urban mobility through hybrid road and air buses: upBUS develops autonomous electric passenger cabins that can serve as buses when attached to ground modules or as gondolas when attached to an aerial ropeway, ensuring smooth urban transportation and less traffic on the road.