Our vision is to become the leading tech incubator in Europe by creating innovation and new businesses in a new and integrated way. The goal is to embed the ideas of innovation and entrepreneurship throughout the university in order to support good ideas from research and bring them to the market.
The award is given to professors, postdocs, doctoral candidates, students, scientists and non-scientists at RWTH Aachen University and Forschungszentrum Jülich, who with their ideas contribute to the innovative and radiant power of the Aachen region.
Selection: After a pre-selection, a jury of high-ranking representatives of science and sponsors will evaluate the best ideas and select the three winners of the Innovation Award by RWTH Aachen University.
The criteria: The ideas are evaluated with reference to the degree of innovation, technology orientation, social relevance of the field of application, technological maturity, market potential and overall impression of the application. In their application, participants therefore have to describe the following:
- What is the idea or innovation and which problem is being addressed (short exposé of the idea)?
- How strong is the degree of technology or service orientation of the idea or innovation?
- What is the current state of technology in the field of application and to what extent does the idea or innovation exceed it?
- Which added value is generated for potential customers and in what ways does is it differ from competitors?
- Which concrete next steps are planned to further develop and commercialize the idea or innovation?